The Linn County Fair Association along with Community Savings Bank and KDAT 1o4.5 presents “YOUTH DAY” at The Linn County Fair on THURSDAY, June 28th at the fairgrounds in Central City. There will be many FREE events and activities for kids of all ages, including educational booths, FREE train rides, FREE face painting, Cock-a-doodle Zoo, FREE book giveaway, the Farm Credit Services Ag Educational Zone, and more.
There will be several items on display including the Central City Fire Truck, Center Point Ambulance, Linn County Sheriff Department & McGruff the Crime Dog, St. Luke’s Helicopter, TSR Performance Monster Trucks, science exhibits, entertainment on the Farm Bureau Free Entertainment stage and more.
Several of the free demonstrations and shows we have scheduled to date include:
- Face Painting 9am to 5pm
- Train Rides 9am to 1pm ($1 per ride 1pm to 3pm)
- Bouncy House 9am to 1pm
- Hands on activities in the LDM Building – 9am to 1pm
- Science hands on activities – 9am to 4pm
- “Make & Take” Seed Projects – Ag Educational Tent – 9am to
- Mega Truck Freestyle Mania meet & greet 9am – 2pm, more details below
- Center Point Tae Kwan Do Demonstrations at 9:30 am
- Magic Show at 11:00 am
- Big Bear Puppet Show at 12:00 pm
- Big Bear Puppet Show at 2pm
- The Eastern Iowa Arts Academy Rock Bands – 4pm
Free animals shows and demonstrations:
- Cock-a-doodle Zoo – 9am to 9pm
- 4-H Rabbit Showmanship Test – 9am
- Kiddie Kalf Show 9:30 am
- 4-H Rabbit & Cavy Show- 10am
- Llama Demonstrations- 1pm
- 4-H Cavy Loudest Wheeker and Quickest Dropper Contest- 2pm
- Duck Races (rubber ducks) – 8am to 6pm
- Youth Stroller Races- registration at 10am, contest at 11am
- Cookie Stacking – registrations at Noon, contest at 1pm
- Bale Stacking – registrations at 2pm, contest at 3pm
Free Mega Truck Freestyle Mania meet and greet on the track as part of Youth Day starting at 9am. Kids of all ages will be able to meet the drivers and check out trucks that will be performing that night in the grandstand as part the Mega Truck Freestyle Mania. The first 500 kids to the meet and greet will receive a free ticket to that night’s Mega Truck Freestyle Mania grandstand event at 7pm.
Majority of the Youth Day events will take place from 9am to 4pm, with some exhibits and free activities only available from 9am to 1pm. The carnival will open at 11 am with a Youth Day special of 1 ticket per ride from 11am to 1pm. Wristband times will be from 2 pm to 6 pm, that allows you to ride all the rides you want during that time.
Check out our website for more details and updates to the schedule as it becomes available by going to https://thelinncountyfair.com/fair-week/.
Reminder to make sure that children wash their hands after leaving a livestock area and/or after touching an animal. There are several hand washing stations throughout the livestock area. It is even more important that they wash their hands before eating, even if they haven’t been in the animal area.
Feel free to bring your own lunch for the kids to have a picnic at the fair. There will be a hospitality tent near the grandstand that will have some picnic tables in it. There will also be picnic tables in the food vendor area and spread around on the fairgrounds. There are also some great places on the hill under the shade that many use to enjoy a picnic.
If you are bringing a large group of kids, please email us at email@example.com so we can let our gate attendance know. You will be able to drop the kids off at the front gate and then our gate attendance will direct you where you can park your vehicle.
We are looking forward to having your group at the 2018 Linn County Fair Youth Day!
The Linn County Fair’s 130th Anniversary- “There is No Place Like the FAIR!”
June 27th to July 2nd, 2018
Follow us on Social Media