The Beer Competition was held on Saturday, July 1st in the Lynn Dunn Memorial Building as part of the Homebrew competition. Contestants brought their home brewed beer to see how they their skills rate. The beers were judged on sight, smell, taste, finish and overall.
Home Brewers Competition had a total of 15 entries in many of the categories ranging from foreign extra stouts to Ciders and IPAs.
- Best of Show went to: Duncan Woodward with a Wired-Haired Schnorfler IPA
- 2nd Best of show to Scott Whitson with a Dry Hopped Cider
- 3rd Best of show to Patrick Frank with a Spring Maibock
The Wine Competition was also held on Saturday, July 1st in the Lynn Dunn Memorial Building. Contestants brought their home brewed wine to see how they their skills rate. The wines were judged on sight, smell, taste, finish and overall.
Wine Making Competition had a total of 22 entries in many of the different classes ranging from Dandelion wines and Tomato wines, Country wines and Iowa native grape wines.
- Best of show went to: Terry Jackson with a Petite Pearl Sweet Red Wine
- 2nd to Ken Kuhlman with a Blueberry wine
- 3rd to Ron Waite with a Black Raspberry wine
The Linn County Fair in Central City from June 28th – July 3rd 2017 www.thelinncountyfair.com