To qualify for the Linn County Fair Queen, candidates had to submit an application and then partake in Royalty Day on Saturday, June 13th at the fairgrounds. Royalty Day included the following speakers:
- Mary Kay Rep, McKenna Hon talked to the girls about beauty tips.
- Admissions Manager at Des Moines University, Layne Huey talking about interviewing skills, public communication, resumes, etc.
- Feryl York- Feryl is Physical Therapist Assistant at Iowa City Physical Therapy. She also is an Adjunct Faculty at Kirkwood Community College. In her spare time she is a Group Fitness Instructor at The MAC. Feryl has held many royalty positions a few most recent are being Mrs. Iowa International 2010 & Mrs. Iowa America 2013. Feryl grew up in a Nokomis, Illinois where she enjoyed being involved with 4-H and she was even the Montgomery County Fair Queen.
The Queen Candidates also participated in the Downtown Cedar Rapids Farmers Market on June 6th and parades in Center Point and Coggon prior to The Linn County Fair as part of their candidate duties.
Our 2015 Linn County Fair Queen Sierra Dougherty will compete in the Iowa State Fair Queen Competition, August 11th-August 15th. On August 15th at 7:00 pm at the Iowa State Fair grounds on the Bill Riley Stage the new 2015 Iowa State Fair Queen will be crowned. Come and cheer on our new 2015 Linn County Fair Queen!
Sierra Dougherty is the daughter of Mike and Tammy Dougherty of Coggon. Sierra will be a junior at North Linn High School this fall. Sierra’s future plans are to go to UNI or Iowa State and major in Nutrition.
Sara-Anne Kettelkamp is the daughter of Robert and Cindy Kettelkamp of Marion. Sara-Anne will be a Senior at Linn-Mar High School this fall. Sara-Anne’s future plan is to attend Iowa State University and study Agricultural Business or Animal science. Sara-Anne hopes to pursue a career in Agriculture or become a large animal veterinarian.
Kylie Mysak is the daughter of Kent and Tammy Mysak of Springville. Kylie will be a Junior this fall at Springville High School. Kylie’s future plans are to study Veterinary Science or Agricultural Business.
Thank You to our sponsors:
- Swati Dandekar
- Downtown Marion Dairy Queen (Lori Bouska)
- Scherbons Flowers-Walker
- Mount Vernon Bank & Trust
- NXT Bank (GC)
- Hills Bank (GC)
- Farmers State Bank (GC)
- Security State Bank (GC)
- Brown Township Insurance
- G&G Photography
- Linn Newsletter
- The Linn County Fair Association