“Youth Day” Thursday- Many FREE Events & Activities
Community Savings Bank and KDAT presents “Youth Day” at The Linn County Fair this Thursday, June 26th from 9am to 1pm. There are many FREE events and activities for the whole family including education booths, FREE train rides, FREE face painting provide by Parks & Schmidt Orthodontics, Cock-a-doodle Zoo, FREE book giveaways, the Agricultural Educational Display- “Corn Is Everywhere” and more.
There will be several items on display including the Central City Fire Truck, Center Point Ambulance, Linn County Sheriff Department with McGruff the Crime Dog, St. Luke’s Helicopter, Solid Waste Agency’s “Dunge Beetle” and more.
There will be hands on FREE science activities in the Farm Bureau Free Entertainment Tent from 9am to 4pm. Events include:
- Cargil Starch Pool
- Lego League
- Conservation Station
- Solid Waste Agency activities
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering & Math) Display
- Rockwell Road Show
Other activities on the stage in the Farm Bureau Free Entertainment Tent includes:
- Majic Show at 11am
- Cooking Stacking Competition at noon
- Wearable Duct Tape Fashion Show- 5pm
- Osborn Experience (Hypnotist) – 6pm-8pm
Don’t forget about the carnival. The carnival will open at 11am with Youth Day special of 1 ticket per ride from 11am to 1pm. Then wrist band times will be from 2pm to 6pm, where you purchase a wrist band and can rides all the rides you want during that time slot.
Youth Day Contest
- Make an Edible Bug, Registration begins at 10am, judging starts at 11am – Open to children up to 10 years of age. The children will bring their “bug creations” that are made out of fruits and vegetables, pastry and candy, or other foods (pasta, bread, cheese, etc.) to the Science Tent. The first 75 registered entries will receive a special Bug Color Book. Prizes will be awarded in the three categories for each of the three age groups. (27 total prizes!) Classes include: 5 years old & under, 6 & 7 years old, and 8-10 year olds
- Cookie Stacking, registration begins at noon, contest starts at 1pm – Children of all ages will vie to see who can make the tallest single stack of sandwich cookies in 30 seconds. Each winner in the three age categories will receive a prize.
- Wearable Duct Tape- registration begins at 3pm, judging starts at 4pm –Individuals, ages 12 and older, will construct a garment and/or accessory using 90% duct tape. Prizes will be awarded for both categories in three separate age groups. Following the judging there will be a fashion show where the public can vote for their favorite. The winner will also receive a prize.
“Back in the Saddle” in 2014 at The Linn County Fair in Central City with FREE gate and FREE parking, starts today through Monday, June 30th. The fair is located in Central City, about 15 minutes north of Marion just off of hwy 13. Complete list of events, times and tickets go to www.thelinncountyfair.com