We are ready to get “Back in the Saddle” with the 2014 Linn County Fair Quilt Block Challenge contest. Connie’s Quilt Shop will be supplying the kits that will include colors from this year’s fair logo. Fifty quilt blocks are available for purchase. Contestants must use all the fabrics with one of those designated as the focus fabric for their block. Kits are currently available.
Blocks will be display at the 2014 Linn County Fair June 25th – 30th. The blocks will be judged for the Viewer’s Choice that will receive a $25 gift certificate from Connie’s Quilt Shop. Later the blocks will be made into a quilt to be raffled off at the following year’s fair. All proceeds will go towards improvements of The Linn County Fair.Rules:
- Contest limited to 50 participants. Open to all Iowa residents.
- Contestant will pay $5.00 per kit. One kit per exhibitor.
- Exhibitor must use all the fabrics included in the kit, do not add fabrics. Do not quilt block. Appliqueing is allowed this year.
- Exhibitor may use an established pattern or create an original block, (the block size must be 9 ½” by 9 ½”)
- Blocks entered become property of The Linn County Fair Association. Blocks to be made into a quilt and raffled off the following year with the proceeds going for improvements of The Linn County Fair. Extra blocks received may be made into a small wall hanging, shams or pillows.
- A $25 gift certificate to Connie’s Quilt Shop will be awarded for Viewers Choice.
You may pick up your kits at Connie’s Quilt Shop or by emailing Kris Blackford at email@example.com or call Jean Dunn at 319-377-6079. The finished block must be dropped off or mailed no later than Monday, May 7, 2012.
Stay tuned for your opportunity to purchase a raffle ticket for your chance win the 2013 Quilt Block Challenge finished quilt. Drawing will be held on Sunday, June 29, 2014 at The Linn County Fair, need not to be present to win. Raffle tickets will be for sale for $1 per ticket.