Community Savings Bank and KDAT presents “Youth Day” at the fair this Thursday, June 27th from 9am to 1pm. There are many FREE events and activities for the whole family including education booths, free train rides, free face painting provide by Parks & Schmidt Orthodontics, Cock-a-doodle Zoo, free book giveaways, Agricultural Educational Displays- “Farmer For A Day”, “Corn Is Everywhere”, & “The Milk Maker”, free product given away by Dr. Pepper/Snapple, Potato Sack Races, Hoop Races and Old Fashion Games provided by Beltone, llama demonstrations, and more.
There will be several items on display including the Central City Fire Truck, North Linn County Ambulance, Linn County Sheriff Department & McGruff the Crime Dog, St. Luke’s Helicopter, Solid Waste Agency’s “Dunge Beetle” and more.
There will be hands on free science activities in the Farm Bureau Free Entertainment Tent from 9am to 4pm. Events include:
- Live Bugs provide by Certified Pest Control
- Cargil Starch Pool
- Lego League (robotics)
- Conservation Station
- Solid Wast Agency activities
- Live Alligator provided by the North Linn FFA
- Live Quails and display
- River flow display
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering & Math) Display
Other activities on the stage in the Farm Bureau Free Entertainment Tent includes:
- Physics Demonstration from 9am – 11am- physics of juggling
- Rob Thompson Magic Show at 11am
- Crowing Contest at Noon sponsored by Center Point Family Dentistry (registration starts at 11am)
- Wearable Duct Tape Fashion Show- 5pm
- Osborn Experience (Hypnotist) – 6pm-8pm
Don’t forget about the carnival. The carnival will open at 11am with Youth Day special of 1 ticket per ride from 11am to 1pm. Then wrist band times will be from 2pm to 6pm, where you purchase a wrist band and can rides all the rides you want during that time slot.
Check out the different contest that will be held on Youth Day as well, fun for the whole family!
Youth Day Contest
- History Scavenger Hunt- through out the fair-Maps and instructions will be available at the Gate Building that will take you on a Scavenger Hunt around the fairgrounds as you learn history about the fair. Prizes will be given for correct entries that are returned into the Gate Building.
- Make an Edible Bug, Registration begins at 10am, judging starts at 11am – Open to children up to 10 years of age. The children will bring their “bug creations” that are made out of fruits and vegetables, pastry and candy, or other foods (pasta, bread, cheese, etc.) to the Science Tent. The first 75 registered entries will receive a special Bug Color Book. Prizes will be awarded in the three categories for each of the three age groups. (27 total prizes!) Classes include: 5 years old & under, 6 & 7 years old, and 8-10 year olds
- Crowing Contest- registration begins at 11am, contest begins at noon- Open to all ages, come show off your ability to crow like a rooster. Age categories include: Up to age 5; 5 to 8; 9 to 13; 14 to 18; 19 to 49; 50 +, Prizes from Chik-fil-a will be given to the 1st and 2nd place in each category.
- Cookie Stacking, registration begins at noon, contest starts at 1pm – Children of all ages will vie to see who can make the tallest single stack of sandwich cookies in 30 seconds. Each winner in the three age categories will receive a prize.
- Wearable Duct Tape- registration begins at 3pm, judging starts at 4pm –Individuals, ages 12 and older, will construct a garment and/or accessory using 90% duct tape. Prizes will be awarded for both categories in three separate age groups. Following the judging there will be a fashion show where the public can vote for their favorite. The winner will also receive a prize.
Celebrating our Past, Imagining our Future” at the 125th Linn County Fair in Central City with FREE gate and FREE parking, starts this week on Wednesday, June 26th through Monday, July 1st. The fair is located in Central City, about 15 minutes north of Marion just off of hwy 13. Complete list of events, times and tickets go to www.thelinncountyfair.com