The 2012 Linn County Fair Quilt Block Challenge contest will be commemorating the 125th birthday of the Linn County Fair (1888). Connie’s Quilt Ship will be supplying the kits that will include 1800’s reproduction fabrics. Fifty quilt blocks are available for purchase. Contestants may use 3 to 5 fabrics with one of those designated as the focus fabric for their block Kits will be available March 12, 2012.
Blocks will be display at the 2012 Linn County Fair June 27th – July 2nd. The blocks will be judged for the Viewer’s Choice that will receive a $25 gift certificate from Connie’s Quilt Shop. Later the blocks will be made into a quilt to be raffled off at the following year’s fair. All proceeds will go towards improvements of The Linn County Fair.
- Contest limited to 50 participants. Open to all Iowa residents.
- Contestant will pay $5.00 per kit. One kit per exhibitor.
- Exhibitor may use 3-5 fabrics with one of those designated as the focus fabric for the block. All fabrics are included in the kit. Do not add fabrics. Do not quilt or appliqué.
- Exhibitor may use an established pattern or create an original block, (the block size must be 9 ½” by 9 ½”)
- Blocks entered become property of The Linn County Fair Association. Blocks to be made into a quilt and raffled off the following year with the proceeds going for improvements of The Linn County Fair. Extra blocks received may be made into a small wall hanging, shams or pillows.
- A $25 gift certificate to Connie’s Quilt Shop will be awarded for Viewers Choice.
To purchase a kit please email email@example.com, or contact Kris Blackford at 319-377-3992 or Jean Dunn at 319-377-6079. The finished block must be dropped off or mailed no later than Monday, May 7, 2012.
Stay tuned for your opportunity to purchase a raffle ticket for your chance win the 2011 Quilt Block Challenge finished quilt. Drawing will be held on Sunday, July 1, 2012 at the Linn County Fair, need not to be present to win. Raffle tickets will be for sale for $1 per ticket.