“Catch Fair Fever, It’s Red Hot”… here is your chance to take part in the third annual Quilt Block Challenge and be part of something red hot! Fifty quilt blocks are available for purchase. Contestants may use 3 to 5 fabrics with one of those designated as the focus fabric for their block. All fabrics are included in the kit which is provided by Connie’s Quilt Shop.
Blocks will be display at the 2011 Linn County Fair July 6- 11th. The blocks will be judged for the Viewer’s Choice that will receive a $25 gift certificate from Connie’s Quilt Shop. Later the blocks will be made into a quilt to be raffled off at the following year’s fair. All proceeds will go towards improvements of The Linn County Fair.
- Contest limited to 50 participants. Open to all Iowa residents.
- Contestant will pay $5.00 per kit. One kit per exhibitor.
- Exhibitor may use 3-5 fabrics with one of those designated as the focus fabric for the block. All fabrics are included in the kit. Do not add fabrics. Do not quilt or applique.
- Exhibitor may use an established pattern or create an original block, (the block size must be 9 ½” by 9 ½”)
- Blocks entered become property of The Linn County Fair Association. Blocks to be made into a quilt and raffled off the following year with the proceeds going for improvements of The Linn County Fair. Extra blocks received may be made into a small wall hanging, shams or pillows.
- A $25 gift certificate to Connie’s Quilt Shop will be awarded for Viewers Choice.
Kits are currently available by contacting Kris Blackford at 377-3992, Jean Dunn at 377-6079 or emailing email@example.com. The finished block must be dropped off or mailed no later than Sunday, May 1, 2011.
Stay tuned for your opportunity to purchase a raffle ticket for your chance win the 2010 Quilt Block Challenge finished quilt. Drawing will be held on Sunday, July 10, 2011 at the Linn County Fair, need not to be present to win. Raffle tickets will be for sale for $1 per ticket.