Thanks again to everyone that purchased a raffle ticket for the “Got Quilt?” raffle. All proceeds go towards fair improvements. The winner of the quilt raffle is Pat Reed from Cedar Rapids, congratulations!
This year we had another Quilt Block Challenge that the blocks will be sewn together to create another beautiful quilt that will be raffled off at the 2011 fair.
The winner of the quilt block challenge was Eloda Grahm from Moulton, Iowa the block #41.
Refresher of The Linn County Fair Quilt Block Challenge Rules:
1. Contest limited to 50 participants. Open to all Iowa residents.
2. Contestant must pay $5.00 per kit. One kit per exhibitor.
3. Exhibitor may use 3-5 fabrics with one of those designated as the focus fabric for the block. All fabrics are included in the kit. Do not add fabrics. Do not quilt or appliqué.
4. Exhibitor may use an established pattern or create an original block, (unfinished block being 9 ½” x 9 ½”, finished block being 9” x 9”).
5. Blocks entered become property of the Linn County Fair Board. Blocks will be made into a quilt and auctioned off the following year with the proceeds going for improvements of the Linn County Fair. Extra blocks received may be made into a small wall hanging, shams, or pillows..
6. A $25.00 gift certificate to Connie’s Quilt Shop will be awarded for Viewers Choice.
This contest is sponsored by Connie’s Quilt Shop.