List of events for the first day of the fair:
Wednesday, July 7th
- Throughout the day 4-H/FFA Judging By Club For Building Exhibits
- 9:00AM-NOON OPEN STATIC EXHIBITS ARRIVE (Morton Building)
- 9:00AM-5:00PM OPEN RECYCLED GARDEN ART CONTEST (Gate Building) Entries Arrive
- 9AM-5PM – 4-H/FFA CHALLENGE GAMES- The Linn County Fair Association is hosting the 4-H/FFA Challenge Game. FFA chapters and 4-H clubs can compete to win prizes throughout the day. Games include Water Balloon Volleyball, Ladder Ball, Baggo, an eating contest, and a trivia contest. In addition, a Digital Scavenger Hunt will be conducted throughout the entire fair with winners announced prior to theHarness Racing event Monday evening.
- NOON – 4-H ROCKET LAUNCH (Grandstand)
- 3:00-4:30PM MISC. ANIMAL SHOW (Indoor Arena)
- 4:00PM 4-H/FFA HORSE & PONY GAMES (Outdoor Horse Arena)
- 4:30PM 4-H/FFA AVIAN QUIZ BOWL (Small Animal Building)
- 5:30PM FAIR BOARD COOKOUT brought to you by: Neighbor Insurance
- 6:30PM OPENING PROGRAM & FAIR QUEEN CORONATION (Grandstand)
- 7:00PM CARNIVAL OPENS -SNEAK PEAK 7:00-10:00PM Rides Only $1.00
- Cock-a-Doodle Zoo- All Day including Elk and Koi fish on display.
- KOI Fish Raffle Daily: Wed-Sun at 8pm & Mon at noon for 2 Koi fish per day. To purchase tickets and more information go to Gate Building on fairgrounds. $1 per ticket or 6 for $5- proceeds go to fair building and ground improvements. Thanks to Biackal’s Koi Farm