The Linn County Fair is looking for talent!
Calling all youth that has a talent they would like to show case, here is your chance to show off what you got!
” GOT TALENT?” talent show will be held Thursday July 8th from 3pm to 5pm in the Farm Bureau Free Entertainment Tent. List below are the rules…..
- Show is open to residents of Linn and surrounding counties in Iowa only. They must fit into one of the three age categories below in order to compete. *
- Age Divisions: Pee Wee: 2 through 6 years Tween: 7 through 14 years Senior: 14 through 18 years, *Age is determined to be the age of the contestant on July 8th, 2010. No exceptions.
- Acts with multiple performers will be placed in competition by adding the ages of members, and dividing by the number of members. The average age for that group dictates what division they compete in. We understand that some acts may have members that are in other age divisions, but try to keep the ages as close as possible to your division.
- Acts must attempt to keep the performance as close to three minutes as possible. Acts running longer than three minutes are subject to point deduction. Set-up time is not included. Please try to limit set-up time to approximately 5 minutes.
- No more than four persons are allowed in an act. Accompanist is not included in this number and may be any age. No more than two accompanists permitted per act. Amplifiers, additional sound equipment other than that provided by the Fair, etc. are not allowed and drum sets or other items with extensive set up are discouraged due to the short set-up time. No combos, rock bands or similar musical groups will be permitted.
- Acts are asked to not dance or otherwise perform off the stage. This means limiting your performance area to the space allowed on the actual stage.
- Live accompanists are preferred but we will also allow pre-recorded, karaoke style tapes or CDs. Please bring your own iPod, mp3 player, recorder, etc. if your music is on them. We cannot guarantee to have the correct adapters for your device, so please plan ahead.
- Contestants may only appear once in the “Got Fair? Got Talent?” contest. They may not perform “solo” and then return in a duet or trio.
- Professionals are NOT permitted to compete. This includes Union musicians and anyone whose principle source of income is from their talent.
- Previous Winners: First place Winners from previous Linn County Fair Talent Contests are automatically disqualified for competition in the 2010 unless it has been at least two years since your last winning competition. For example: You won first place in a Linn County Fair talent contest in 2009, therefore the next time you’re eligible is in 2011
- 11. Judging Criterion: Contestants will be granted points by a panel of FOUR volunteer judges on TALENT, ABILITY, STAGE PRESENCE, AUDIENCE APPEAL and ORIGINALITY. Additional bonus points are allotted at the discretion of the judges for outstanding performance. Points may be deducted for exceeding the time limit. Judges decisions are final.
- Registration forms: You may obtain additional registration forms & registration guidelines for the Linn County Fair “Got Fair? Got Talent?” 2010 Talent Contest by emailing the Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org or Flying Monkeys Productions at FlyingMonkeysCR@aol.com Rules & Registration forms may also be found on the Linn County Fair website at http://www.TheLinnCountyFair.com
- Prizes: Each age group will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbon winner. Then the panel of judges will determine the overall winner of the 2010 Linn County Fair “Got Fair? Got Talent?” contest out of the 1st place ribbon winners from each age group. The overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd place contest winners will be determined by total points given by our panel of judges. For example, out of a total of 50 points our Pee Wee 1st place winner got 47, our Tween winner got 42 and the Senior got 45. That would put Pee Wee 1st with the $75 prize, Senior 2nd with $50 and our Tween in 3rd with $25 prize awarded. In the event of a tie, placement may be determined by a second vote by the judges or audience response.
Note: there is only *one* winner for each of the cash prizes listed below.
Overall Talent Contest prizes are as follows:
- -First place: $75 cash
- -Second Place: $50 cash
- -Third Place: $25 cash
- Additional prizes to be awarded in each age category at the determination of judges and the Linn County Fair staff.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS SATURDAY, JULY 3rd, 2010 – REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED OR POSTMARKED AFTER THAT DATE WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE FAIR IF TIME AND SPACE ALLOW.
- PERFORMERS MUST ARRIVE AT THE FREE ENTERTAINMENT TENT NO LATER THAN 2:45 pm ON JULY 8th. NO LAST MINUTE REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED.
Go to http://thelinncountyfair.com/2010/doc%20files/talent-contest-signup.pdf for the registration form.