You can tell the fair is getting close the Linn County Fair Association is now accepting applications for the 2010 Linn County Fair Queen Contest.
Have you ever dreamed of being a Fair Queen since you were a little girl, well here is your chance…
The following rules for eligibility to become a Linn County Fair Queen contestant:
- Contestants must be at least 16 years of age and not more than 21 years of age as of August 12th2010, the first day of the Iowa State Fair.
- She must never have been married or have had children
- She must reside in Linn County
- She must be an active member of at least one service organization in her community such as 4-H, FFA, Girl Scouts, church youth group
- She must be actively involved in the Linn County Fair or have been in the past for at least 2 years
- She must not be a professional model or had ongoing employment in modeling
- She must not be a queen or princess for another group or commodity
- She must not have competed in the state finals
- She must be able to participate in the Iowa State Fair Queen pageant and be a guest of the Iowa State Fair Tuesday August 10th-14th.
- She must be present for judging and coronation.
The deadline for entering is Tuesday June 1. The contest judging will take place Sunday, June 27 at 4:00 P.M. at Prairie Chapel United Methodist Church, 1817 Prairie Chapel Road, Marion.
The 2010 queen and princess will be announced and crowned Wednesday, July 7th at the Linn County Fair in the grandstand during the evening events starting at 6:00 P.M.
For entry forms and more details go to: http://thelinncountyfair.com/queen.htm