Oh I am getting excited, the weather is starting to warm up and there is only 21 days until The Linn County Fair~!
The latest buzz is The Linn County Fair Association has extended the Linn County Fair Parade entry deadline. They would like to give more time for more groups and organizations to get their entries ready for the “Going Green” in 2009 Parade. The deadline is being extended that all entries need to be post marked by July 7th or dropped off at the Gate Building on the fair grounds by Friday, July 10th at noon. Entry forms can be found at http://thelinncountyfair.com/doc%20files/parade-2009.pdf by going to www.thelinncountyfair.com.
The third annual Linn County Fair will be Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 9:00 AM in Central City. Check-in will begin at 7:00 am at the Day Care on Barber Street in Central City. Every unit must have a signed indemnity agreement to participate in the parade. The parade will end in front of the grandstand at the fairgrounds, disbursement area to the left of the racetrack. All participants are then asked to proceed to the grandstand where the winners will be announced and ribbons and prizes to be awarded. MUST be present (or have a representative present) in order to receive prizes/ribbons.
Staging & Other Information:
The Linn County Fair would like to invite organizations and businesses to be part of our third annual parade. Our theme is “Going Green”. The “BEST OF SHOW” ribbon and prize money will be presented to the entry that best depicts this theme. Ribbon and prize money will be presented to the top entry in each category. Ribbons will be presented to second and third place entries in each category.
The categories are:
BEST ANTIQUE VEHICLE OR MACHINERY
BEST WALKING UNIT
BEST ANIMAL UNIT
BEST YOUTH UNIT
BEST OF SHOW
As the Linn County Fair’s “Going Green” theme we encourage entries to “reduce, reuse, or recycle.”
The Linn County Fair parade would like to showcase the following groups:
- All veterans to march as brothers in arms
- “Flags of Linn County Youth” any youth organization showcasing their flag or banner represented by flag barrier and color guard
- Linn County Mascot- any organization, business, or team to show case their mascot in the parade.
OFFICIAL PARADE RULES
- All entries are subject to approval of the Parade Manager.
- No entry over 13-feet high will be allowed, due to overhead clearance limits.
- Commercial/Business entries are limited to one (1) vehicle.
- All entries must provide their own identification, signs, etc. to be adequately identified by the judges and spectators.
- By submitting this Entry Form, your organization agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend any action against The Linn County Fair Association, its officers or members, the city of Central City and its council members, its employees, agents and volunteers of the aforementioned, and sponsors from and against all liabilities whatsoever arising out of their participation in The Linn County Fair Parade.
- All participants must obey Parade Marshals at all times.
- Coupons, candy or other items may be passed out to spectators on roadsides.
- No littering or discarding of decorations or other materials on public streets or private property, including dumpsters.
- The Linn County Fair allows live animal entries in the parade. No special requirements are in place, however should air temperatures be extreme at parade time, we may be required to remove certain animals from parade participation. Please be certain all animals are current on their vaccinations and are wearing appropriate tags if applicable; and, provide ample fresh water for your animal(s). Also, please be prepared to immediately collect from the parade route any feces generated by your animal(s).
- Any violation of parade rules will result in immediate removal from the parade.
ntry forms can be found at http://thelinncountyfair.com/doc%20files/parade-2009.pdf by going to www.thelinncountyfair.com.