This year at The Linn County Fair there were three different cooking contest held on Sunday, June 28th, including Cooking with Rhubarb, Cooking with Berries, and Homemade Salsa Contest. The best part of the contest was the crowd taste testing after the contest. The taste of home cooking was unbeatable.
Cooking with Rhubarb winners
Bring a Pan Category:
- 1st Place – Sally Emery from Marion with Rhubarb Pie
- 2nd Place – Ross Vander Pet from Central City with Rhubarb Strawberry Pie
- 3rd Place – tie
- Barb Tjarks from Marion with Rhucotta cake
- Carol Hatch from Center Point with Rhubarb Cheesecake bars
- 1st Place – Lois Martin from Marion with Rhubarb Swirl
- 2nd Place – Teresa Conklin from Marion with Rhubarb Jam on Baguette
- 3rd Place – Teresa Conklin from Marion with Rhubarb Jam on baguette with Greek Topping.
Cooking with Berries Contest Winners
In a pan category:
In a Jar Category:
Homemade Salsa Contest Winners
- 1st – Mikayla Bowen from Center Point with Garden Fresh Salsa
- 2nd – Celeste Luksitich from Marion with Salsy Salsa
- 3rd – Marck Dude et from Marion with Verde Victory
- 1st – Brynlee Dude from Mt . Vernon with Appleberry salsa with Cinnamon chips
- 2nd – Holly Ryan from Marion with Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Salsa.
People’s Choice Winners:
- Rhubarb – Ross Vander Peut from Central City with Rhubarb Strawberry Pie
- Berries – Holly Ryan from Marion with Strawberry Lemonade bars
- Salsa – Brynlee Sudley from Mt . Vernon with Appleberry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips