The annual Linn County Fair Quilt Block Challenge kicks off March 11th, highlighting colors of the fall. Connie’s Quilt Shop will be supplying the kits that will include earthy colored fabrics. Fifty quilt block kits are available for purchase. Contestants must use all 5 fabrics with one of those designated as the focus fabric. The block kits will be available March 11, 2013.
Blocks will be displayed at the 2013 Linn County Fair June 26th – July 1st. The blocks will be judged for the Viewer’s Choice that will receive a $25 gift certificate from Connie’s Quilt Shop. Later the blocks will be made into a quilt to be raffled off at the following year’s fair. All proceeds will go towards improvements of The Linn County Fair.
- Contest limited to 50 participants. Open to all Iowa residents.
- Contestant will pay $5.00 per kit. One kit per exhibitor.
- Exhibitor must use all 5 fabrics that are included in the kit . All fabrics are included in the kit. Do not add fabrics. Do not quilt or applique.
- Exhibitor may use an established pattern or create an original block, (the block size must be 91/2”x91/2”)
- Blocks entered become property of The Linn County Fair Association. Blocks to be made into a quilt and raffled off the following year with the proceeds going for improvements of The Linn County Fair .Extra blocks received may be made into a small wall hanging,shams, or pillows.
- A $25.00 gift certificate to Connie’s Quilt Shop will be awarded for Viewers Choice.
To purchase a kit please email email@example.com, or contact Kris Blackford at 319-377-3992 or Jean Dunn at 319-377-6079. The finished block must be dropped off or mailed no later than Monday, May 6, 2013.
Stay tuned for your opportunity to purchase a raffle ticket for your chance to win the 2012 125th Anniversary Quilt Block Challenge finished quilt. Drawing will be held on Sunday, June 30, 2013 at The Linn County Fair, need not to be present to win. Raffle tickets will be for sale for $1 per ticket.